Welcome to another installment of Titan Wednesday! 🙂
This week I’ve been preoccupied with painting. My can of undercoat spray arrived today but it’s took dark to spray now so I will have to leave painting the legs until the weekend – instead, I have begun painting the internals.
As you can see I’ve started making some headway with the cockpit. I’ve finished the metal work and have begun layering up the Princeps! I’ve also drybrushed the main interior of the titan body with Leadbelcher and Tin Bitz and washed the whole area with a purple wash. I will add some other light drybrushes and washed of different colours to get some nice metallic hues.
I have also begun work on the cockpit cover/head, which I decided to paint yellow in keeping with the Legio Astorum’s colour scheme and offering a strong contrast with the blue and metals on show. This was actually undercoated black! I painted on a thin layer of Iyanden Darksun and then quick, light drybrushes (i say drybrushes but the paint was still wet, I was just using small amounts) repeatedly to build up the colour.
I am by no means finished with this but that’s where I am at the moment. I think it gives a nice JCB/building site vehicle effect to what would be a painted metal canopy.
I’ve also got further along with the guns. the metals are basically done now, they just need a little Ironbreaker drybrush. I’ve painted the blue areas with Kantor Blue and they are at this minute drying after being washed with Drakenhof Nightshade. I also used the Forge World recommended Gold Rub ‘n Buff (in last picture) for the tips of the Turbo Laser and I’m very impressed. Easy to work in and looks great.
This week I finally decided to magnetise something! Hooray! As I’m bothering to paint the interior I thought I should magnetise the roof vent section, so I did 🙂 One magnet goes into the top of the internal door and one is sunken in to the base of the roof vent piece. It’s not a totally flush fit but it’s close enough for me and i’m happy with it. I used the Firestorm Games 5mm x 2mm neodymium magnets and they are brilliant. Really, very strong.
So that’s where I am at the moment… that’s roughly 3 or 4 hours work since my last blog post. I hope to do some more painting at the weekend and finally begin work on the base, although I still haven’t really decided what I’m going to do with that yet.
Thanks for reading!