It’s Titan Wednesday!
HOORAY! I hear you cry in your best Lord Flasheart voice… (any people in the USA reading this probably won’t get that reference).
So, what have I done this week? Well, I’ve dedicated this week to painting. Specifically, painting the leg armour panels and the legs themselves as well as touching up part of the guns.
I’ve done absolutely nothing to the head and body this week.
As you can see below I’ve basically finished the armour panels for the legs, all that is required now is some Leadbelcher or Gold on the soon-to-be-metallic areas that are currently picked out in black.
I haven’t decided yet whether to use tranfers/decals on the armour or to use a stencil and airbrush for the markings and Legio Astorum heraldry.
The legs have so far been heavily drybrushed with Leadbelcher, washed with Drakenhof Nightshade and washed with Gryphonne Sepia, then washed with Army Painter Strong Tone and lightly drybrushed again with Leadbelcher.
This produces a nice metallic effect with some different tones and small areas of dirt or discolouration. I’m pretty happy with it so far. I just need to drybrush some of the raised areas with a bit of Ironbreaker and that base metal is done.
I’ve started picking out some of the detail on the legs, such as the pistons – of which there are many – and I’m using straight Runfang Steel to represent a nice polished piston rod which will be given a light wash of Nuln Oil. I’ve tried to photograph them but my camera and lighting isn’t doing me any favours!
That’s the lot for this week! Thanks for reading and I’ll hopefully have some more work done on the torso next time.