Slightly late in the day but it’s still Wednesday, so it’s time for a little Titan update.
I’ve had very little time this past week to do any real work on the model but I’ve done a few bits, so here are a few notes and photos of what I’ve been up to.
I’ve finally done something with the base! Not much, in fact, hardly anything but as you can see I have a nice little cut of MDF and I’ve roughly traced around the Warhound’s feet so I have an idea of where to build up some of the foam putty and bits when I start working on it properly.
I’ve spent the hour or two that I’ve had this week picking out details on the legs and guns. I have begun painting leg eagles and skulls and other details in black in preparation for painting them gold and I’ve also washed the silver piston rods with Army Painter Dark Tone in order to try and achieve an oily effect – it sort of works.
I’ve been doing light edge highlights on the guns and as with the legs, picking out details in black and then Tin Bitz for anything that will end up as gold. I also painted the targeting lens on the turbo laser and I’m pretty pleased with how that’s turned out.
For that I used Scab Red, Blood Red, Jokaero Orange, Lugganath Orange (Citadel Edge) and Bloodletter Glaze and little spots of white in the corner. Simple and effective but by no means original. 🙂
I have also heavily drybrushed the carapace with Altdorf Guard Blue and then glazed (again!) with Guilliman Blue. I think one more light drybrush and glaze should do it and I can then start carefully highlighting the edges.
So far so good and with any luck I’ll get some more time with it this week.
Thanks for reading.