I’m sorry to say that this will be a mini-update as I’ve spent most of my week suffering from Nurgle rot. 😦
Because of this I’ve not done much other than the small amount of work I managed on Saturday evening.
I have now finished the base! Hazzah! 🙂
I just needed to pick out some details – lasgun, pendant etc. – on the base and to add some of my new favourite weathering goop – AK Streaking Grime – to the barrel and metal sheet and I have now done that. I need to give it a blast of matt varnish but I’ll wait until it’s not blowing an apocalyptic gale outside my house to do that.
After the base I decided to go back to the leg armour panels and they are also finished – apart from decals, which need to be airbrushed when I get around to making my stencils. I will also very likely spray some hazard stripes on one or more areas of the panelling but that requires more thought.
As you can see from the pictures I painted the inside metalwork with the same basic recipe as the legs. Boltgun Metal, Blue wash and Sepia wash and I think that’s enough because they will be almost invisible once I’ve glued them in place.
All the external gold parts were painted with Tin Bitz for shading, layered with Burnished Gold, washed with Agrax Earthshade and then highlighted with Mithril Silver. It’s a basic effect but I wanted a worn gold look and not something too shiny.
The last stage was to apply a fierce highlight on corners and sharp edges of the plates using Blue Horror from the Eavy Metal edge set. I also did this on the two main guns. I can’t decide if I’m happy with it or not. I look at it sometimes and think I’ve overcooked it and it doesn’t work and other times I look at it in conjunction with the rest of the model and I’m pleased with the effect.
Any feedback would be helpful 🙂
That’s it for now, but I’ve banished the rot so hopefully next week will provide more progress.